anxiousness and glory

OKAY........are you ready for this?

My work and hence money plan:
2 x Sofias a week ~ $90
1 x Rodd Gunn ~ $100
At least 4 x somewhere else ~ ?
1 x Stripping ~ $1000

I'm ONLY JOKING about the last one! But seriously job hunting today was almost kinda fun. And it's handy when your mum is your referee and no employers know this, because asian mums still keep their maiden names after marriage. So at least I get a glowing reference from somewhere. The lady from Rodd Gunn today phoned up my mum, and my mum told her all about how great I was at customer service, how much everyone in the workplace liked me, how there wasn't even a single thing I needed to improve on. Haha. A bunch of lies! But it worked. So I work in an old mans clothes store now. If I wanted to, I could get discount clothes for my grandpa, and transform him into the hippest grandpa around Mitcham. I can be a stylist for old men, and teach them how to color coordinate their sandals with their socks, how to dress for garden parties, and whether or not to pick the turtleneck or the T-shirt with squiggles all over it, for whatever upcoming occasion. Looking good matters when you're older too, you know.

Btw. Exam results come out tommorow. I have the craziest feeling that I've failed at least one subject. Will update if this is found to be true and hence I will need to jump off Eastlink.

And ONE MORE THING:

This is sort of going to be like a mini-rant. I think I relate well to people sometimes, but alot of the time I have absolutely no understanding about their preferences and pastimes. I think the best example of this, is TV shows. I have NO attachment whatsoever to ANY TV show, apart from the Simpsons (and Days of Our Lives, but thats sort of like a childhood thing. And Xtreme Makeover.) What I'm getting at is, I don't follow dramas. At all. I guess you could call Days of Our Lives dramatic in some ways, but it's like I-died-and-came-back-to-life-3-times-and-my-mother-is-also-my-sister kind of dramatic, whereas the shows that my friends seem to enjoy are just.....boring.

Everyone I know has at least one TV show that they consider their vice. Waz is in love with Blue Heelers. I can name about 100000000000 friends who follow Gossip Girl and Grey's Anatomy almost religiously. And then there's Friday Night Lights. Back in the day it was the OC, Lost, Heroes etc. etc. Anyway I tried to get into them, I honestly did. And all the manic fans of these shows will probably say scornfully "Oh, you've only watched like 2 episodes. You have to watch from start to finish, otherwise of COURSE you won't get into it like duh."

But it's not like that! I don't form attachments to the characters on TV shows. I HATED the OC. Everyone on that show was annoying, I'm sorry. But the craze that followed the actors.....I don't understand it when people say "Oh, she's sooooo funny and loveable," like 'she' was a real person. When in fact, 'she' is a fictional character played by some coke-snorting Hollywood actress with no actual personality apart from what she puts on when acting. And people can talk for HOURS about these shows, like "Oh my god, I wish A and B would just hook up already! It's totally pissing me off!" or "Oh my god, the code used by so-and-so in episode 3 of season 4 was just sooo clever, who would have thought that A managed to figure it out?" and "Oh my god it was soooo funny when A was cooking breakfast and then B walked in and said BLAH BLAH BLAH! HAHAHA!!" and "I adoreeeeeeee A, I love the little flick thing he does with his hair, and he has the coolest music posters on his wall!"

Gah. These are not REAL PEOPLE! Talk about your own lives!! Talk about stuff that is not brainstormed, scripted, acted out repeatedly, edited and distributed to networks!! How can people just sit there and watch entire seasons all day!? Where is the fun in watching a bunch of fake people do stuff that 80-90% mirrors your own life? I admit that I do watch the odd show or two for escapism....but to follow a TV show with almost more interest than you have for your own life? To treat the characters like friends or accquaintances, to quote endless dialogue exerpts instead of speaking REAL WORDS about the life that YOU lead? I know I can't talk, because I like Xtreme Makeover and Days of Our Lives, which really indicates that I have shit taste, but seriously.....SERIOUSLY.......WHY ARE TV SHOWS SO FASCINATING TO PEOPLE!


0 comments:

Post a Comment